Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week Review: tough week

This has been a tough week for me at poker tables. I have been taking a shoot at low stakes tables. When i mean "taking a shoot", i am assuming that i am playing at a table that i am not rolled for. But also, been willing to get back to Micro stakes if a loose X Big Blinds.

I am playing almost exclusive Fixed Limit Cash Games. I was taking a shoot at $1/$2, but i do not have skill (right now) to crush that level. I was playing very tight almost never bluff but it was very tough, my pocket medium and premium pairs (except AA and KK) lost on every flop i enter (opponent made top pair, two pairs or a set). The only good thing is that i made a lot of FPP's.

Then i returned to my usually grinding table games, the shorthanded (6 Max.) Fixed Limit $0.25/$0.50. Here i have a slight edge to the overall field, but even here i have to much to learn.
Why did i not lowered to FL $0.50/$1? Because i did not want to screw up here too. I am still in the micro/lower stakes learning process.

I am currently with 820.97 Vpp's for this month, my best Vpp's record in a month, so i have to get more 379.08 Vpp's to reach Silverstar by the end of the Month, that it is about 42 Vpp's per day, i think i probably will make it, i am making at least that number per day.

The toughness of this week was grinding a lot, i have nights were i was late until 1AM / 2AM and on the next morning i was waking up at 7AM to go to work. So you can see the toughness of the week, and mix that with some bad beats and you have the perfect milkshake for hard work at the tables :-)

I even manage to get a feet on the gym! I am adept of the old phrase: "The one who likes to run a lot, does not get tired" (something like that in english).

No comments: