Sunday, August 09, 2009

Early Preflop Shoves

Yesterday i played 2 SNG NLH 9 players, one i ended up in 5th place, on the other i ended up in 2nd place.
In one of the SNG's i had this hand, i was holding pocket aces. The blinds were in the first level, early stage. I was in middle position just behind the highjack. I raised 4 times the big blind, the highjack raised 11 times the big blind. Everybody folded except the big blind who goes all in, I instant call all-in and the opponent at my left did exacly the same thing!

Big hands, big pots!

The big blind had a pocket queens and the highjack a pocket jackets. On the flop i hit the nuts when an ace comes on board, the turn a 5 and on the river a jacket putting the opponent at my left with a set either.
I was, after that hand, in a rare situation of having 227 big blinds on level 1.,(the blinds were 10-20).

I ended up the SNG on 2nd place.
On heads-up the blinds were 100/200. I had 26 big blinds and the opponent had about 40 big blinds.
The opponent did not practice ICM (Push or fold) strategy, neither do I.

After 43 hands the blinds were the same, I had 30 big blinds and the opponent with 35 big blinds. We were now on the final hand shoving to each other. My pocket jackets loose to a full house, five full of deuces, made by him. He hits the set of fives on the flop, and the second deuce came on the turn. Anyway it was a great heads-up play.

The other SNG, i ended in 5th place, ironically i loose with AKo on two hands. One of them the blinds were 30/15, i had 40 big blinds, i get AKo in middle position (UTG+2), i raised 3 times the big blind. The highjack raised 5 times the big blind, i instant called and the button called. The flop was rainbow, i had nothing on the flop.

The highjack goes all in, the button calls and i fold my AKo. The button has K8s on a rainbow flop and cold call the shove of the highjack, what weak play by the button! The highjack got an AQs, the turn and river did not hit anything for both and the highjack with top pair and top kicker takes the pot that i could win if i did not folded to his bluff.

On the last hand, we were only 5 players, the blinds were at level 3 with 25-50, i had about 23 bb on the UTG+2 seat with AKo. The UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, I shoved, the big blind calls and the UTG+1 goes all-in either.

Well, the UTG+1 had a pocket nines, the big blind had the same hand than mine AKo, and the board was rainbow with no ace and no king.

No comments: