Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Milestones

August, finally is over, what a month, unbelievable month. I had my biggest downswing at the tables for the first time. Never had a downswing of this size by playing 9 man SNG (regular blinds). Last week I was down for about $100, what a negative stretch! Right now, I recovered almost half.

August Overall Numbers:
Total games played: 216
Total Profit/Loss: - $17

Now let's check out what games I played and where I lost/won:
SNG 9 Man:
Total games: 90
Profit/Loss: - $15.4

SNG 6 Man:
Total games: 6
Profit/Loss: + $43.2

SNG Heads Up:
Total games: 126
Profit/Loss: - $44.8

These kind of negative variance could happen sometimes, but instead of complaining about it, I just keep working on my game. Some poor results was due to bad beats and some river coolers, in others games I think I did not made the optimal play, so there were some leaks to identify and correct.

I have been playing 6 Man SNG (regular blinds) during the last days and I am happy with my results on them. For September I will try to play between 200 and 250 games and try to go for Silverstar. I will return to my grind on 9 Man or/and 6 Man SNG regular blinds. It is not good to make profit goals but I will make it anyway. At the minimum I will be break even, but I will try to make between $100/$200 in profit for September. Again, this is just a general idea and a straightforward path to have for September.

I am thinking in create some videos once in a while of my plays at the tables, but instead of putting a whole session, I will put a part of the session (for example the bubble, or the late game). Stay tuned for updates on this matter, but

See you at the tables on the one and only Pokerstars.

No comments: