Monday, August 09, 2010

Though Times

It is not the first time, certainly will not be the last time. It happens, sooner or later the negative variance of the game will hit you badly. I am experiencing and feeling that right now (at least until yesterday).

Some numbers
I was up in profit $42.2 with 19 games this month (at 4 of August) and right now I am up in profit for only $33.7 ($23.7 from 57 games played + $10 in rake back). What was my reaction to this performance?
Well I reviewed my all weekend session, found some minor errors in some moves that I made but most of the games, I lost due to some coolers, few bad beats and lucky flops to opponents.

Some coolers
For example, yesterday (in one of my sessions) I played 6 tables at the same time. In 2 of the tables I made ITM (2nd and 3rd place), on another 2 tables I bubbled, on the other 2 tables I was out. On the 3 tables that I lost, I had some coolers, like losing to opponent river straight. Shoving better pairs preflop and opponent flopping the set!

The Pressure is a Good Thing
It's times like these that I feel the pressure, the pressure to keep going, keep working out my game, grind much more to turn things out. These are the moments that separates the winners from the losers. The way you keep focusing on your "A" game and challenge yourself to give the best you can in each and every hand played and avoiding tilting.

Good Bankroll Management is the Key
One of the things that a good bankroll management gives you it's that when you are experiencing a downswing, you can be sure that you have plenty of money to keep grinding for the long term success because you are over rolled. I am glad that I was wise to be over rolled for the buy-ins that I play.

Stay in touch, I am all-in!

No comments: