Tuesday, December 29, 2009

General Poker 2010 Goals

2009 was my first year as a amateur poker player. I started playing online poker at March on cash games without knowing nothing but the cards ranking value. I started to take more seriously this Summer and when I joined a training site on August I started to think more about poker. After reading and rereading 2 poker books and play a lot of hands I started to realize that poker is more than just the cards you hold on your hands. Made Silverstar on Pokerstars on August and maintained during September. October was the month where I decided to specialize in SNG and play more MTT's instead of cash games.

I figure out the 2 main factors in becoming a good poker player:
- Bankroll Management
- Tilt Control

You can learn to play good poker by reading books, watching videos, posting hands on a forum or play a lot more. But you cannot become a good poker player if you do not master bankroll management and tilt control.
By bankroll management I mean you have to play the games that suits your bankroll, you should have a strict and disciplined control over your bankroll.
By Tilt control I mean emotional control, you should put emotions outside of the table and always think logical about every decision that you make at the table.

Here are the poker goals for 2010:

1. Educational goals:
- Read 4 new poker books;
- Watch more MTT/SNG videos during the year;

2. Pokerstars goals:
- Becoming Silverstar more than once a year;
- Qualify for a live tournament;
- Increase my bankroll in 300%
- Reach a final table on a online MTT;

In general will try to play more games per month (average of 125 SNG's), specialize in one or two SNG structures and build my roll from there. Will also play some online MTT's and try to reach a final table. I will try to qualify for a live tournament on Pokerstars.

I hope I can post more here on the blog and give some profit numbers every month, will try to do that. 2010 will be a great year to play poker online, specially at Pokerstars because there will be some major positive changes to all Pokerstars members.

Happy new 2010 year!

No comments: