Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Weekend Feedback

This weekend I played 4 MTT's, I cashed in one. On the one that I cashed there were 5000 entrants and I placed 143. I ended busted with my pocket eights against the chip leader that was holding pocket aces.
I do not regret pushing with my pocket eights because I was geting shortstacked and need to double up. In overall the MTT's are going reasonable, on the others I faced some suck outs but in genereal I think my performance is ok, still need that final table and specially that top 3 place to boost my bankroll.

As SNG concerned, it was a disaster weekend, at least on Pokerstars. I played more than 10 games and I lost more than a half. Some of them were sick bad beats, like holding KK and push to a AA hand or having AA and busted for a KKK hand, some damn things like that. I played most of the time the shorthanded turbo mode $3 SNG, they are soft but the variance sucks.
On the other hand I won 2 SNG's on other rooms, one on Betclick and the other on Diamonbet, the last was a private SNG.

My strategy will change a bit for the rest of the year. To maintain my bankroll in a healthy mode, I will continue to play the MTT's on weekend because I feel I can make a final table sonner or later. On the SNG I will leave the $3 and return to the $1 but more important I will return to play some DoN's (Double or Nothing SNG, where half the field gets paid). I do not like so much the DoN's but they are safer to build bankroll.

My main goal is very soon play the steps system on Pokerstars so I can climb the steps and reach a live event package.

No comments: