Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tournament Analysis - Critical Hands 1

ITM: means In The Money
When you reach a point on the tourney that more than a 85% of the people were eliminated and you reached the money.

Last days I have been playing the $2K GTD Tournament, simply means a tournament that has a guaranteed prize pool of $2000. Obvious, there are so many entrants that the prize pool is always much, much larger than $2K, usually reach more than $5K.
This tourney is everyday at 23h (11 PM) and I played four on the last days. I reached ITM 50% and only ended really deep in one (has posted before).

On the other tourneys that I did not ended so deep I had some bad luck (I guess) and my strong hands were not so strong that I thought they were and I lost (a bad beat? Maybe in one of them).
I manage to have a decent stack on each of these hands, but ended screwing things up when I thought that I had the best hand on the board.

The goal of this post is to show you those critical hands.

Hand #1 - Tourney ID: #209010746
Final Place/Total Players: 5643/6316

I more than doubled my stack early with pocket aces.
I played this speculative hand with 2 purposes: first to make a flush king high in a cheap way; or 2nd to make top pair, good kicker with Kings; I was not thinking at all in doing a straight.



That agression that opponent was showing was clear he has a strong hand, but I would never imagein a full house!

Hand #2 - Tourney ID: #209010747
820/6041

Already ITM, I have a good stack to get deep on this tourney but my pocket aces is broken...



I should had checked on the River, He was calling all my agressive bets, was clear he has a strong hand, better than a pocket aces.
In the future I could push on preflop or bet more on Preflop.

Hand #3 - Tourney ID: #219010741
1523/5827

This one was yesterday, I doubled up early with AK, not so much action and my stack was decreasing a bit so I take my chances by pushing my 99 hand.
My hand was favorite on preflop but changed to a clear underdog hand on the flop.



These were the critical hands that busted my tourney. I also want to share on another post the hands that were critical to my survive on the tournaments, specially on the tournament posted before (that I hit 14th place).

Keep up on reading, I will post more interesting hands soon.

No comments: