Sunday, July 05, 2009

July Goals Preview

Tournaments vs Cash Games

This month i will only play Tournaments (whatever will be SNG or MTT's), and not Cash Games. In the past 3 months i have played more cash games than tournaments. In fact, i made and lost more money on cash games than tournaments. But since i am not pursuing Supernova this year, i will not play many cash games this year. I need to improve my overall game and SNG ant MTT's are the place for improvements.

Goals for July
I will play most of the tournaments on weekend, some will be SNG of 9 players, others will be SNG of 90 players. I will also and ocasionally play the 7,5k ($7500 prize pool) GTD on Saturdays. I want to have a better ROI this month.
On weekdays i will study poker to improve the game. So, i want to finish studying the (classic) book: Harrington on Holdem - Vol.1
By the way, there is a brand new book from Phil Hellmuth: Deal me in.

That is how is going to be July, no cash games only tournaments. Less play but more study on poker. My long term goal for the year is to increase my bankroll so i can pursuit the Supernova VIP status.

No comments: