Monday, January 02, 2012

December and Overall Performance

December Results
Last Month I played about almost 30k hands. Witch was reasonable good compared to November, where I played only 5k hands. I ended in the profit zone with basic the same amount of profit as November. I think I miss some +EV spots due to my mass multitabling sessions, where I was playing with 24 tables at the same time for about 60 minutes. Anyway, here it is the last month graph with the net amount won:

Can you see the major 2 downswings? The first one is a smaller one between the 8k hand and the 13k hand. Then I was hit hard with no mercy for about 8k hands, this was the time where I learn that downswings of this kind are normal, and I must expect them, that's why bankroll management is so important. My major downswing was no more than 5 buy-ins, I read on professional blogs that 12 buy-ins downswings are common to good poker players (ouch!).

Cash Games Overall
Anyway, after playing sits, where I put my sharkscope on the positive side but did not make it on the good profit side, due to lack of volume, some skill and variance, I decided to move on to cash games. After reading some blogs, forums it seems to me that they can be less prone to variance and more profitable in the long term. Here is the picture of the 2 months, November and December cash games sessions.

I played about 35k hands with a 10bb/100, making a VPIP of 12%.
This month I reduced the amount of tables to the 14-18 range and increase my focus on the tables. I am not pursuing any kind of VIP status or bonus right now. I think at this level it's not +EV to pursuit rakeback in detriment of profit and improvement, The VIP pursuit will be for another season.

No comments: