Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday 1/4 Million



Last week, I won a ticket on a satellite to the Pokerstars Sunday 1/4 Million. I played yesterday and I am very satisfied with my performance. I did not hit the final table to a good pay check but I went deep ITM (In The Money), making a 364th place on a tournament with 36299 players.
On the last thand I shoved with AJo and opponent had a KK and more stack than mine.
I did not catch anything on the board so I was kicked on that hand.

There were some key hands on the MTT. Everyone starts with t3000 chips and early on after a terrible hand that I played, I was near elimination by having only t745 chips. Then, waiting for some good spots I shoved and I made, at least 2 straights (Ten to Ace) and I tripled up on the first and I double up on the second, but at this time the blinds were already big enough.

There was also this hand were I hit 2 pairs on a possibly flush draw from the opponent. I had position on him so I shoved to kick him out of the pot by not giving him the right pot odds to chase the draw (if he was on a flush draw). Well, he called my push and he was in fact in a flush draw but my 2 pairs hold until the showdown and I double up again.

The tournament started at 8 PM (GMT Portugal time) and after about more than 4 hours of play (with 4 breaks during the MTT) I was done for the day taking a prize of $130 (almost 100€). The buy in was free of charge because I satellite for the MTT so was a profitable night.

See you soon at the tables with more profitable feedback!

No comments: