Sunday, September 27, 2009

Some Fresh Air

After a week of some busy schedule outside poker tables, some work issues and family duties, I finally toke time to play 2 SNG this weekend, quality instead of quantity, right?

I ended a few minutes a go a $3.25 6 Max. Turbo SNG on pokerstars. I try for the first time this new buy in level and it was ok for the first game. This SNG was a kind of fresh air on my game.
Here it is the final result:



There was this hand were I was having only 7 BB on the button. The opponent at my right was also shortstacked like me, (we were only 5 players at the table this time), he goes all-in and I also pushed with my medium pair 44, he was having a conector of 56. He paired with 6 on the river and I was in last place down to 1.9BB !

On the next hand I pushed with any two cards, I pushed with a conector 78. Only the small blind folded. There were $1235 on the pot, and the flop cames with: A79.
I have a bottom pair but when the opponent to my right raises to almost half the pot I feel that he has an ace. The others players folded to his raise so it was just me against him and he shows me ATo.
The Turn brings 8, I made two pair and the opponent makes a straight draw. The river brings a 3 and I win the main pot and return alive to some more action.

Statistics say that medium pairs have more values against less opponents and specially when blinds are higher.
Well I had another hand that shows this, blinds were at 75/150. I was having only 9 BB with a pocket eights on the small blind. UTG folds, CO and button limps and I decided to shove here.
The CO was playing very agressive and it was some kind of loose player, and he was the only who called my push. He has an J4s but did not improved.

No comments: