Saturday, July 16, 2011

July Update

Don't forget it but move on
I ended the 18 man SNG turbo grind/coaching. For the coaching point of view I did not make the required number of games in a month and that was the deal. So it was better for me and for the coach to stop right now until I can work out and put a great deal of volume. Nevertheless, I enjoyed very much the coaching experience and learn some things about shoving more on the late game.
I won't forget this experience but I am fresh and released from the last grind and ready to move on to my "beach", the STT normal blinds SNG games.
I am playing 6 man games, enjoying and profiting slowly and steady. I want to move on to the $3 buy-in somewhere next month and play a lot this month. I am not sure if I will be a shorthanded sng player or a full ring sng player, or both, the experience will shape my path.

The 2011 vs 2010 Performance
I know that the sample is short (specially last year), but I could not be more disappointed with my current performance. I have learn more things this year but I am running poor, I identified two main reasons:
- the increase on the number of tables playing per session. Last year I played 6 tables on average, where this year I am playing 12 tables on average.
- the lack of dedication to one type of SNG game. Last year my main game was 9 man SNG (normal blinds). This year I played a few types: 9 man and 6 man (normal blinds), 18 Man (Turbo), 9 Man (Turbo) and Heads-up.
This is the picture that compares both years, one of the filters have SNG+MTT's (Tournaments) from last year.
What's next?
Pick up the skill, shape up the mind, calm down the emotions, study hard and put more volume. Dedication to on type of SNG. I will play occasionally some MTT's but they aren't (for now) my main focus.

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: