Monday, September 13, 2010

Tricky Session / Equity Analysis

Today I have a day as a holiday, make some things in the morning and I was lunching with my wife parents, since July (that I wasn't launching with them).

Afternoon I made 2 poker sessions, on the 1st one I played 4 tables and made a smaller profit. On the second session I did not make ITM on the 5 tables that I played at the same time. The tricky thing is the spots that I lost with the hands that I shove.

1st table: blinds were at level 3, preflop player 3 bets MP, everyone folds and I flat call on the big blind with AKo, on a paired board at the flop (772) he bets 2/3 of the pot and I push thinking the flop did not hit him, and he calls with pocket nines, my equity is 44% against his 55% equity and I lost.

By the way, this is preflop equity (not on the flop).

Probably I should check the flop and fold to a bet, still early and I still have more than 20 big blinds.

2nd table: I have 12 big blinds, one limper at MP and I have AKo so i decide to push, the button "awakes up" with pocket aces.

3rd table: I am at the small blind with ATo and 16 big blinds, the button shoves and I call. He has A9s.

My equity: 68%
His equity: 31%

He wins by making a straight on the turn (8TJ/7)

4rd table: I have 11 big blinds, a UTG+1 3 bets, I have AKo in LP and I push he calls with AJo.

My equity: 74%
His equity: 25%

He flops the Jack and make 3 of a kind on the turn.

5rd table: with only 5 big blinds left I push with my pocket teens after one limper, the big blind calls and the limper folds, the big blind has A5o.

My equity: 70%
His equity: 30%

And he flops the Ace.

No comments: