Thursday, April 01, 2010

1st Trimester Review, 2nd Trimester goals

25 % of the year is completed. I have accomplished some yearly goals, but first let review March. Here are the numbers:

Total games played: 130, these include:
- SNG's of 9 players: 67 games
- Heads-up SNG's: 58
- Multitable Tournaments (MTT): 5

I set a goal to March to play at least 100, well I surpassed that one in 30 games. Now let's look at the profitable goals:

Total Profit in March: 216,16 €

I do not set up money goals because they are hard to set up. I do not play full time so, I do not put the volume that I need to set up any measure profit goals. No limit Texas Holdem is a high variance game and it is hard to set up profit goals when you do not put enough volume (if you are a good player). I prefer to set up ROI % goals.

SNG 9's ROI: 39%
HU ROI: 8%
MTT ROI: 539 %

I had some "coolers" on the last Heads-up games, that why my ROI dropped to single digit. My MTT ROI is the big surprise on this month, I just played 5 but won 1 MTT and ended deep in another one.

I played about 275 games this year, with some effort I think I can put at least 1000 games (total) before the last trimester. I have a ROI of 36% on SNG games (about 209 games) and 10% on heads-up games (about 66 games played) for the 1st Trimester.

Yearly (almost) Accomplished Goals:
1. Educational goals:
(- Read 4 new poker books;) 50% done, I read already 2 new poker books.
(- Watch more MTT/SNG videos during the year;) 0% done, I did not watch any video.

2. Pokerstars goals:
(- Becoming Silverstar more than once a year;) 0% done.
(- Qualify for a live tournament;) 0% done.
(- Increase my bankroll in 300%) 100% done, I already tripled up my bankroll on Pokerstars. Still on 3 digits roll but it's building along the way.
- Reach a final table on a online MTT; 100% done, I reached a final table and won that online MTT.

2nd Trimester Goals:
- Read 2 new poker books.
- Watch 3 videos.
- Increase my bankroll in 100%
- Reach a MTT final table.
- Go deep on the Steps Pokerstars SNG's to qualify for a live MTT.

April Goals:
- Play at least 150 games.
- Maintain a 20% ROI-
- Play at least 4 MTT's.

Will post very soon the reason of my strategic changes on my decision to play Heads-Up Games. I will focus on HU games on the 2nd Trimester. This include HU SNG's and 4 players SNG in HU format. I will also maintain focused in qualify for online MTT's and play some of them.

No comments: