Sunday, October 24, 2010

October Feedback

Results
This month has been terrible, I am down for about $120. I played some different structures (again) and even on the regular one, the 9 Man SNG, I am having some bad results lately. In fact, was on 9 man sng (regular blinds) that I lost most and next was 9 Man SNg (turbo blinds). But the sample size is ridiculous, only 66 games combined on these games, wich is a very small sample.

Multitable SNG
Where I am being profitable (this month)? I played 21 games of 18 Man SNG (turbo) and I have a 16% ROI on them. I also played 47 games of 45 Man SNG (turbo) and made a 14% ROI on them. I think my grind will be on the 18 Man SNG. What about 9 Man SNG? Well for now, I will not play them as much as I could.

Volume
I played this month 291 games, and I will reach 300 for sure. Right now is my highest volume month, I am happy for that. I have a goal to reach 1k games in one month, not sure when that will be, but I am getting closer to that mark.
Silverstar this month? Well, with so much volume, I need to make 384 FPP to reach silverstar. I should play 35 games everyday until 31 of this month. I am not sure if I will do that, let's see.

Future Thoughts
This month was so hard for me. I mean, the downswing's are part of the game, I see some serious professional players who make thousands of dollars each month by playing SNG's and they all have downswing's for hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars.
Volume is the key to keep making profit, this is a long term game and on the short term luck plays a big role but on the long term, skill is master.
I think I will play more multitable SNG than single table SNG because they are more profitable besides having more variance.

180 Man SNG
These are the most profitable and yet more variance sng that exists (in turbo blinds). I have been looking at some pros results and these games are very very profitable. I played a few this month and did not cash in any of them but I enjoyed a lot. I think these games have potential to become my grind on the future, not right now because I do not have the perfect bankroll to grind them and I also need to study them. To make good profit on them you have to play at least 1k in one month.

These are my thoughts on my actual poker career. Not a good month but you should not look to your short term results, instead, look at your decisions at the tables and work towards long term profitable results.

No comments: